6th CPC DA enhanced from 125 to 132 % from 1st July 2016
Finance Ministry issued Order for payment of Sixth CPC DA enhanced from 125 to 132% from 1st july 2016. Those are continuing in pre revised scale will be paid 132% DA from 1st July 2016 in Sixth CPC pay scale.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, dated the 9th November, 2016
Subject:- Rate of DA applicable w.e.f. 1.7.-2016 to employees of Central Government and Central Autonomous Bodies continuing to draw their pay in the pre-revised pay scale/grade pay as per 6th Central Pay Commission
Consequent upon acceptance of the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission by the Government, this Department vide O.M.No. 1/2/2016-E.II(B) dated 4th November, 2016 had. issued orders on rate of Dearness Allowance (DA) payable to Central Government employees based on the revised pay structure that came into effect from 01.01.2016.
2. The above rate, however, is not applicable to- those Central Government employees who had exercised an option to continue in the pre-revised scales of pay based on 6th CPC’s recommendations or to those whose pay and allowances had not been revised, for different reasons.
3. Further, as the recommendations of 7th CPC have not been made applicable to the employees of Central Autonomous Bodies as of now, they continue to draw their pay in the pre-revised pay band/grade pay as per 6th CPC recommendations. Therefore, the above rate of DA is also not applicable to these employees also.
4. The rate of DA w.e.f.01.01.2016 for Central Government employees and employees of Central Autonomous Bodies in pre-revised scale of pay, were issued by Department of Expenditure vide O.M.No. 1/1/2016-E.II(B) dated 7th April, 2016.
5. Accordingly, the rate of DA admissible to employees of Central Government and Central Autonomous Bodies who continue to draw their pay in the pre-revised pay band/grade pay as per 6th CPC recommendations, shall be enhanced from the existing 125% to 132% w.e.f. 01.07.2016.
6. The contents of this Office Memorandum may also be brought to the notice of the Organisations under the administrative control of the Ministries/Departments which have adopted the Central Government scales of pay.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India