Condonation of deficiency in service for grant of 2nd service pension in respect of DSC (Defence Security Corps) personnel
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Dated 20th June 2017
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject : Condonation of deficiency in service for grant of 2nd service pension in respect of DSC (Defence Security Corps) personnel.
Condonation of deficiency in service for eligibility of service pension has been mentioned in Rule 125 of Pension Regulation Part-l 1961 (Rule 44 of Pension Regulation Part-I 2008). This rule is applicable in all cases except the case mentioned under the Rule 125 of Pension Regulation Part-l 1961 (Rule 44 of Pension Regulation Part-l 2008). Deficiency in service for eligibility of Service pension or Reservist pension or Gratuity in lieu may be condoned by competent authority up to 12 month as mentioned in GoI, MoD letter No. 4684/DIR(PEN)/2001 dated 14th August 2001.
2. Representations of the ex-servicemen who have been granted Service pension from Army side and re-employed in DSC are received for condonation of deficiency in service for the 2nd service pension from DSC. The matter has been examined and decided that condonation of deficiency in qualifying service is to be accorded on merit and in the deserving cases to make individual eligible for at least one service pension. Condonation of deficiency in qualifying service for grant of 2nd service pension in respect of DSC personnel has no merit.
3. It is conveyed that the intention behind condonation of deficiency in service for grant of service pension is that the individual must not be left high & dry but should be made eligible for at least one service pension in View of above, it is clarified that no condonation shall be allowed for grant of second service pension.
4. The Pension Regulation for the Army shall stand amended by inserting item “(iv) an individual who is eligible for 2nd service pension for the service rendered by individual in respect of DSC” below Regulation 44 of Pension Regulation for the Army PM (2008).
5. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID No 10(16)/2016/FIN/PEN dated 26/08/2016
7. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Changes in EPS by the Central Government as per New Notification MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND...
DOPT Clarification on regularization of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period. F.No.14029/5/2019-Estt.(L)(Pt.2)Government of IndiaMinistry of...
A number of representations are being received in this office seeking grant of one annual...
Delhi High Court Dismisses Plea against Centre’s decision on Freezing of Dearness Allowance and Dearness...
Retention in Govt Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30...
Stepping up of pay of senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in...