DoPPW Order: GPF Advance Limit Enhanced upto 12 Months of Pay
DoPPW has issued Order for amendment in GPF Rules to enhance the GPF Advance Limit upto 12 months of pay or three-fourth of the amount at credit, whichever is less. Amount of advance will be recoverable in a maximum of 60 instalmentsDoPPW has issued Order for amendment in GPF Rules to enhance the GPF Advance Limit upto 12 months of pay or three-fourth of the amount at credit, whichever is less. Amount of advance will be recoverable in a maximum of 60 instalments.
No 3/212017 -P&PW (F)(i)
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rdFloor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-11 0003
Dated 7th March, 2017.
Subject : Amendment to the provisions of General Provident Fund (Central Service )Rules 1960- liberalization of provisions for drawal of advance from the Fund by the subscribers – regarding.
The General Provident Fund (Central Service )Rules came into force in 1960. Rule 12 of the said rules provide for drawal of advance by the subscribers, to be sanctioned by the competent authority for reasons indicated in the Rules. Some amendments have been made from time to time to address the concerns raised by the subscribers. However, the provisions, largely. remain restrictive. There is a felt need to liberalize provisions, raise limits and simplify the procedure.
2. The provisions in the. rules have now been reviewed and it has been decided to permit the subscriber to prefer an advance from General Provident Fund (Central Service) Rules 1960 for the following purposes:
(i) Illness of self, family members or dependents,
(ii) Education of family members or dependent of the subscriber. Education will include primary, secondary and higher education, covering all streams and educational institutions,
(iii) Obligatory Expenses viz. betrothal; marriage, funerals, or other ceremonies,
(iv) Cost of Legal proceedings, .
(v) Cost of defence,
(vi) Purchase of consumer durables,
(vii) Pilgrimage and visiting places of eminence. This will include any travel and . tourism related activities.
3. It has been decided to enhance the limit of advance upto 12 months of pay or three-fourth of the amount at credit, whichever is less. Amount of advance will be recoverable in a maximum of 60 instalments. The advance may be sanctioned by the declared Head of Office . .
4. The declared Head of Department is competent to sanction an advance from the fund for reasons not covered above.
5 Maximum time limit of fifteen days is being prescribed for sanction and payment of an advance from the Fund. In case of emergencies like illness etc., the time limit maybe restricted to seven days.
6. In all the above cases of advance, no documentary proof is required to be furnished by the subscriber. A simple declaration by the subscriber explaining the reasons for advance would be sufficient.
7. Necessary amendment to the GPF(Central Service)Rules 1960, giving effect to the above provisions will be issued in due course.
8. In so far as persons serving in Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
9. This issues with approval of Department of Expenditure, vide their ID No. 4(1)/EV/2017 dated 28.02.2017.
10. Hindi version of this OM will follow
( Sujasha Choudhury )
Click here t0 View the Full Order
Changes in EPS by the Central Government
Changes in EPS by the Central Government as per New Notification MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND...
DoPT Clarification dated 28-07-2020 : Regularization of absence during COVID 19 lockdown period
DOPT Clarification on regularization of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period. F.No.14029/5/2019-Estt.(L)(Pt.2)Government of IndiaMinistry of...
Grant of annual increment due on 1st July to the employees retiring on 30th June of the year
A number of representations are being received in this office seeking grant of one annual...
Delhi High Court Dismisses Plea against Freezing of DA and DR
Delhi High Court Dismisses Plea against Centre’s decision on Freezing of Dearness Allowance and Dearness...
Retention in Govt Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30 years of service
Retention in Govt Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30...
Stepping up of pay of senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion
Stepping up of pay of senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in...