GPF Interest Rate 2016
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
Dated the 2nd June, 2016.
It is announced that during the year 2016-17, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the GPF and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8.1% (Eight point one per cent) w.e.f. 1st April 2016 to 30th June 2016. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1St April 2016. The funds concerned are as follows
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The India Ordinance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordinance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
(H. K. Srivastav)