NCBC sought Data on representation of Other Backward Classes in Central Government Services
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated the 20th October, 2015
Subject:- Data on the representation of Other Backward Classes in Central Government Services – Meeting taken by the Parliamentary Committee of Welfare of Other Backward Classes held on 14.10.2015.
The undersigned is directed to say that an online portal rrcps.nic.in already exists for uploading information on the representation of SCs, STs, OBCs and Persons with Disabilities. This information is obtained on annual basis as of 1 st January of each year.
2. During the Sitting of the Parliamentary Committee of Welfare of Other Backward Classes held on 14.10.2015, Member Secretary of the National Commission for Backward Classes had pointed out to the Hon’ble Committee that in connection with formulation of a report on creamy layer, NCBC had requested all Departments/Ministries through Department of Personnel & Training to provide the information in a format prescribed by them, but the same was still awaited.
3. The Hon’ble Chairman and other Hon’ble Members of the Committee expressed dissatisfaction over low representation of OBCs in Central Government services and directed DoP&T to collect data sought by NCBC and submit to the Committee urgently.
4. It is, therefore, requested that the data, in the enclosed format, relating to appointment of OBCs in the Ministries/ Departments be provided by 30.10.2015 (by mail and also by letter/fax) . The data should also be provided
in respect of the attached and subordinate offices under their administrative control, in the enclosed format
5. The Hon’ble Committee has indicated that delay in submission of the information would be taken seriously by them.
6.In view of the directions of the Parliamentary Committee, the requisite information may be sent in this regard by 30.10.2015. If there are any genuine difficulties in providing the data within the prescribed time limit, the specific reasons for the delay and the likely date by which the same will be made available be informed to this Department.
7. This may please be treated as urgent.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Leave a Reply