It has now been decided that all Heads of Offices will henceforth mandatorily process all pension cases only through Bhavishya – an online pension sanction and payment tracking system.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated: 29th November, 2016
Subject: Processing of Pension cases mandatorily through Bhavishya (Online Pension Sanction & Payment Tracking System) w.e.f 01/01/2017 – reg.
Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare is responsible for formulation of policy and coordination of matters relating to pension policy and welfare of Central Government pensioners. It has been seen that despite detailed guidelines’ and instructions to the contrary a large proportion of retiring employees do not get their retirement benefits and the Pension Payment Order(PPO) in time. It is likely that such retired employees find it difficult to get the process completed after retirement. The sanction process starts more than a year before the date of retirement and requires cooperation amongst various agencies. This department has, therefore, launched Bhavishya – an online pension sanction and payment tracking system. The system by keeping track of the progress of each case introduces transparency and accountability. Both the retiring employees as well as administrative authorities can monitor progress at each stage.
2. The system has been running successfully in the main Secretariat of all ministries/departments for the last one year. It has since been extended to cover over 3000 Drawing and Disbursing Officers and Pay and Accounts Offices from various ministries/departments and their attached offices.
3. It has now been decided that all Heads of Offices will henceforth mandatorily process all pension cases only through Bhavishya. In this, where necessary, they will assist the retiring employee to submit the online application form. The Pay and Accounts Offices will process cases generated through Bhavishya through the pension module in COMPACT till the Public Financial Management System(PFMS) is made operational and
integrated with Bhavishya.
4. It is to be noted that all authorities will strictly follow the timelines prescribed under the CCS(Pension) Rules and in no case will the pension case be delayed on account of electronic processing through Bhavishya.
5. These instructions take effect from 1st January, 2017.
6. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Changes in EPS by the Central Government as per New Notification MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND...
DOPT Clarification on regularization of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period. F.No.14029/5/2019-Estt.(L)(Pt.2)Government of IndiaMinistry of...
A number of representations are being received in this office seeking grant of one annual...
Delhi High Court Dismisses Plea against Centre’s decision on Freezing of Dearness Allowance and Dearness...
Retention in Govt Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30...
Stepping up of pay of senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in...