Verification of Pensioners/ Family pensioners in banks
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBA No. 62 /2015
New Delhi, Dated 05 .10.2015
All Indian Railways
Sub: Verification of Pensioners/ Family pensioners in banks.
Please refer to Board’s letter of even no. dated 18.09.2014 vide which Railways were advised to undertake a special drive for verification of pensioners/family pensioners in the month of November,2014 when they come for submission of life certificate in banks.
It is desired that similar exercise may be carried out in the month of November,2015 also in the premises of banks, through which a major part of pension is disbursed, for identification of railway pensioners with reference to the relevant pension records with the railways.
For this purpose, as was done last year, staff drafted from Accounts and Personnel departments in Headquarters/ Divisions/ Workshops may be deputed to the banks located in the vicinity of HQ/ Divisions/Workshops to remain present with the bank staff assigned for government pension. This exercise may be carried out during the entire month of November, 2015. During this period, besides verification of pensioners, the Railway staff would undertake check of pension, as per the draft check list enclosed. The concerned pension disbursing banks are being advised separately to facilitate this exercise. However, the Railway may also co-ordinate with nodal branch of the various banks and ensure that suitable instructions reach their concerned branches.
Kindly prepare action plan and monitor its implementation. Results of action taken as above may please be advised to Board in the first week of December, 2015.
DA: As above
SUGGESTED CHECKLIST FOR GUIDANCE OF STAFF NOMINATED FOR VERIFICATION OF PENSION AT THE BANK
1. The employees deputed to the particular branch should carry the latest debit scroll with the name of the pensioners to verify its correctness with bank records.
2. 100% matching of pensioners’names and amount with that of the bank.
3. Physical verification of the pensioner will be checked w.r.t:-
i) Life certificate.
ii) PPO details – confirm the personal details and details of his/her dependants.
iii) Proof/Authenticity of the certificate of dependency in case of dependants drawing family pension.
4. Correctness of revised pension from ready reckoner, etc.
5. After conclusion of this exercise, the nominated railway official will jointly sign certificate with the bank that _________ number of pensioners/family pensioners are drawing pension from the branch and the debit for the month of November,2015 is ₹____________.
6. Any other item which the FA&CAO/CPO may consider fit.
Changes in EPS by the Central Government as per New Notification MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND...
DOPT Clarification on regularization of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period. F.No.14029/5/2019-Estt.(L)(Pt.2)Government of IndiaMinistry of...
A number of representations are being received in this office seeking grant of one annual...
Delhi High Court Dismisses Plea against Centre’s decision on Freezing of Dearness Allowance and Dearness...
Retention in Govt Service beyond the age of 50 years or on completion of 30...
Stepping up of pay of senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in...